Thursday, July 29, 2010

India -> US lingos

Distance looks so far in Miles than Kilometers

Temperature feels hotter in Fahrenheit than Celsius

Greeting with Hi changes to Hello,how u r doing

Money looks more in Dollars than Rupees

Are u ready changes to Are you all set?

I am good means don’t bother me I am fine

Bill Changes to cheque, vomit to throw up

Buzz translates to ping, Condos to Apartment

These are some of the major changes I saw in language usage by people In US, have just tried to make a note of it here.

I shall add if I come across any more :)

6 comments:

Guru said...

koolll nice !

Comic Idiot said...

i thought you were sent to do work :-P

Meeta Jain said...

@Guru: Thanks!!
@CI: This is also part of my work, or work is part of my trip..a lil conpused :-D

Comic Idiot said...

haha

QADIR AK said...

very GoooD I lIke It So Much

figments89 said...

NICE ONE :)